Friday, October 2, 2009

Green Curtain SOLD


20x20"
Oil on Canvas

As promised in a couple of past posts, the larger painting I did for choice of a commission for a lady I know. She did end up taking this one as well. This vase she brought over was so inspiring. The shape, the colors. and the way it magnified the contents when filled with water was so much fun! The flowers were challenging to paint. Poppies move about quite quickly when in a cut arraignment and the little blue flowers are flax, that truthfully were not there at all in this still life. They all fell off the night before so I had to fake it! This one was a lot of fun to do!

Update: No baby yet, still waiting :(

No comments:

Artist Talk at SNAP Community Gallery in Edmonton, AB

Hello Everyone, I would like to invite everyone to an artist talk I am giving this Thursday on new print based work that I have exhibit...