Friday, March 2, 2012

Art Exhibition

Hello!

I want to pass along news of a project I have been working on.

I have curated a show of 11 artist (myself included) to raise funds for two non-government organizations in Cambodia who help children as young as 5 years old caught in the horrors of human trafficking. These organizations focus on prevention and protection. Ratanak and Place of Rescue

Art is a powerful way to communicated the most difficult of issues facing society today, human trafficking being only one of them. Art also has the power to move people to the point of action. It is my hope that by the presenting of this exhibition, conversations about human trafficking take place, creating awareness, which contributes to the prevention and protection of the most vulnerable in our own society.

If you are in the area, please, make a point to attend the show at the Madplatter Bistro
I am very proud of all the work and artists who have generously contributed to this exhibition. And the food is very good too!


No comments:

Artist Talk at SNAP Community Gallery in Edmonton, AB

Hello Everyone, I would like to invite everyone to an artist talk I am giving this Thursday on new print based work that I have exhibit...