Monday, February 19, 2018

Shifts and New Routines

For the last few weeks I have been thinking about environments and the attachments I have to places, the importance land has in my life and how I identify with certain places and spaces.  The practice of  working out imagery, colour palette, marks, and textures is something that is becoming an regular part of my creative routine. I am moving from a representational approach of documenting spaces, places and objects to a more abstracted interpretation in order to capture an essence of a space rather than a recognizable reminder, or accurate picture. The images pictured here is some field work I did few weeks back when I went snowshoeing out and about in my neighbourhood. Winter is long and I am learning to embrace it's beauty.



No comments:

Artist Talk at SNAP Community Gallery in Edmonton, AB

Hello Everyone, I would like to invite everyone to an artist talk I am giving this Thursday on new print based work that I have exhibit...