Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Creative Meditative Workshop

Hello,

It has been way too long since I have put up a post. We are still working on renovations and moving rooms around to accommodate our new baby. We are starting to see light at the end of the tunnel however.

I was asked to do a creative meditation workshop last weekend. A very talented photographer Beth of Beth + Ryan Photography took these photos while participating in the workshop. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. Thank you so much Beth!






I had the women look out the windows to the trees by the lake. I read some very inspiring words from a book called Anonymous by Alicia Britt-Chole.

The prologue of the book uses trees to illustrate how our lives have different seasons. She talks about how her skin prefers their role in the summer, but her soul prefers their teachings in the winter. Then she gets into their teachings. She is an amazing wordsmith if you are looking to be inspired.

Then we sculpted trees with wire and glass beads









"Abundance may make us feel more productive, but perhaps emptiness has greater power to strengthen our souls. In spiritual winters, our fullness is thinned so that, undistracted by our giftings, we can focus upon our character."
Taken from the prologue of Alicia Britt Chole's book Anonymous

2 comments:

myra anderson said...

I have been thinking about you! It has been awhile! Any photos of the baby coming soon? I still enjoy the coffee movie! Looking foward to seeing your work! - myra

Deltra Powney said...

Hi Myra,

Thanks for visiting. Hope to have paintings up soon. and maybe a pic or two of babe.

Artist Talk at SNAP Community Gallery in Edmonton, AB

Hello Everyone, I would like to invite everyone to an artist talk I am giving this Thursday on new print based work that I have exhibit...