Tuesday, May 29, 2018

On going series of work regarding finding a sense of place

Resection is a method for determining an unknown position (position finding) measuring angles with respect to known positions. This definition informed my use of triangular shapes in order to provide a structural framework that speak to how we form environments and how environments form us. In these studies these geometric shapes take on a transparency that allows for marks and colour to exist beyond their framework. The way light bends, is diffused, is blocked and reflected when interrupted by objects interests me as these moments seem to suspend time, creating surreal like atmospheres that seemingly carry messages from other worldly spaces and realities.









No comments:

Artist Talk at SNAP Community Gallery in Edmonton, AB

Hello Everyone, I would like to invite everyone to an artist talk I am giving this Thursday on new print based work that I have exhibit...