Monday, December 8, 2008

Progress on my cups



As promised, a progress update on my latest painting. I laid down the drawing on Friday, and never touched it again until today. I typically like to work wet in wet, however on these bigger ones, it is tough to do that. I will have to see how it will all work out. This stage is always a tough one. The painting looks so ugly, but its the potential that keeps me at it. Stay tuned for more progress photos.

On a sad note our family pet of 15 years passed away last night. He had a good life, this photo was taken during better times. Good bye old friend, you will be missed.


Cheetah 1993 - 2008

4 comments:

Kim Blair said...

I am so sorry to hear that your beloved cat died last night...I love cats, especially tabbies...

On a happier note, your cups are really taking shape. The colours are rich and inviting...nice beginnings.
Kim

judi said...

It is always hard when you lose a member of the family. Sorry about your puddy......

The cups are looking good. It is going to be a good one.

I Want To Be An Artist said...

Sorry about you kitty!! I had three but unfortunately husband is allergic to cats. I miss them. Love your paintings!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Oh Deltra. I just lost my own 15 year old female November 1st. I posted about her that day and recently did a painting of her which is lurking on my Not Really a Cleaning Lady blog.
She was a beauty and is missed.
Your work is very strong!

Artist Talk at SNAP Community Gallery in Edmonton, AB

Hello Everyone, I would like to invite everyone to an artist talk I am giving this Thursday on new print based work that I have exhibit...